say in each of the following
1. A friend of yours asks you what you know about Neil
- He was the first man to land on the moon.
2. Your friend asks for some advice on how to study
- You should study one subject for one hour, then
move on to another subject.
3. You are invited to dinner at a big restaurant, but you
refuse the invitation politely.
- No, thanks. I'm busy tonight.
- I'd love to, but I have an exam tomorrow.
4. Your sister asks you what you think of Charles Dickens's
- I really liked it. / It's a sad story.
5. Your cousin wants to know if you have any pen friends and
how you communicate with them.
- Yes, I have 2 pen friends. We communicate by
6. Your grandfather admires Abu-Heif. You want to know why.
- Why do you admire Abu-Heif grandfather?
7. Your sister wants to know what you are going to do at the
- I'm going to go to the club.
8. Your friend is ill and needs to see a doctor.
- You are very ill. You should see a doctor.
9. A friend raises chickens and wants to know how to prevent
getting bird flu.
- You shouldn't raise chickens. / You should wear a
face mask and gloves when you touch chickens.
10. You are visiting someone in hospital when you see another
- You shouldn't smoke in hospitals.
11. One of your friends is getting too fat. He is asking for
- Don't eat too much. / You should go on a diet.
12. Suggest to your little brother some activities that are
more useful than watching television.
- You should practice sports instead of sitting
glued to TV.
13. A friend thanks you for you did him a favour.
- Not at all. / You're welcome. / Don't mention it.
14. You apologize to your friend for breaking his camera.
- I'm sorry I broke your camera.
- I apologize for breaking your camera.
15. Your sister apologizes to you for stepping on your foot.
Accept her apology.
- * Don't worry. / Never mind. / No problem.
16. You suggest spending the weekend in Sharm El-Sheikh.
- What about spending the weekend in Sharm
- Let's spend the weekend in Sharm El-Sheikh.
17. Your classmate suggests decorating your classroom. You
approve of his idea.
- That's a good idea. / Good thinking.
18. You want to know the way to the bank.
- Can you tell me the way to the bank?
- How can I get to the bank?
19. Someone asks you about the way to the railway station.
- Go straight along this street, and then turn
- Go ahead, and then turn right.
20. You want to know your friend's opinion of your new shirt.
- What do you think of my new shirt?
- How do you like my new shirt?
21. You want to invite a friend to attend your brother's
- It gives me pleasure and honour to invite you to
attend my brother's wedding party.
- Would you like to attend my brother's wedding
22. Your little brother is playing with matches. Give him a
- Don't play with matches. I'll punish you.
- Be careful or you will get burnt.
23. You meet someone for the first time.
- How do you do? / I'm pleased to meet you.
24. You want to introduce your friend, Tom, to your dad.
- This is my friend Tom.
25. You meet your friend on 1st
- Happy New Year.
26. You meet your friend on his birthday.
- Happy birthday to you.
27. You don't know the meaning of the word "astronaut".
What do you say to your teacher?
- What does "astronaut" mean, please?mr
abdlhalim heder [وحدهم المديرون لديهم صلاحيات معاينة هذا الرابط] zaynab.com